- Founded in 1999
- The biggest casino software company in the world
- Licensed and regulated in 20 jurisdictions
- Headquartered in the Isle of Man
- Premium-listed on the London Stock Exchange
- Top-quality casino games
- Licensed by UKGC and MGA
- Multi-channel delivery system
- Produces software for both online and land-based casinos
- None worthy of mention
Playtech has excelled even in aspects of responsible gambling. In 2017, the company purchased BetBuddy, an analytics platform that uses gambling behaviour patterns recorded by sophisticated machine-learning systems to identify at-risk players and engage with them so that problems might be avoided.
- 1999 — Playtech was founded in Tartu, Estonia;
- 2001 — The first casino powered on Playtech’s software was launched;
- 2004 — Playtech launched iPoker network;
- 2006 — Playtech began trading on the London Stock Exchange;
- 2006 — Playtech introduced Bingo games in their portfolio;
- 2008 — Playtech was licensed as the first poker software to enter the regulated Italian market;
- 2008 — Playtech created William Hill Online as a joint venture;
- 2013 — Playtech created a mobile casino solution for Betfred;
- 2014 — Playtech launched Playtech One, a multi-channel solution;
- 2017 — Playtech opened the largest live dealer studio in the world in Riga, Latvia;
- 2017 — Playtech acquired Eyecon;
- 2017 — Playtech signed a deal with Warner Bros for the development of DC branded slots;
- 2019 — Playtech launched Kingdoms Rise games suite;
- 2020 — Playtech entered the markets of New Jersey, Michigan, Indiana, and Pennsylvania;
- 2021 — Playtech launches two new live casino studios in the US — one in Michigan and one in New Jersey;
- 2022 — Playtech goes live in the newly-regulated market of Ontario through partnerships with several operators.
However, not only are the slots taking centre stage lately. Namely, Playtech has spent the past year developing its iPoker solution in order to improve the overall experience. The results are — a totally new lobby, new game views, home tab, and a completely novel software that has brought multiple promotion tools and many other features.
Cash games for Texas Hold ’em, Omaha, Omaha High/Low, 6-Plus Hold ’em with bets ranging from 0.01€/0.02€ to 5€/10€, multi-table tournaments with freeze out, re-buy, and knockout structures with different chip stack sizes, Sit ‘N’ Go games, Freerolls, and many other forms of poker games comprise the Playtech’s offer you can safely integrate through SoftGamings’ API system in record times.
Playtech has launched its poker solution with the needs of both recreational players and those new to the game in mind. The games are available in both land-scape and portrait modes and support both one and two-handed play.
What’s more, Playtech’s Poker solution brings unique casino progressive jackpots into the poker games. Namely, themed poker games such as Age of the Gods, Wild Twister, and Football Stars not only blend gamification features from other games into the poker variants, but offer substantial payouts like in the Age of the Gods Twister poker game.
The poker solution has already been licensed in 14 different jurisdictions and is available in 25 languages, including English, German, Russian, Spanish, etc.
The entire gaming catalogue from Playtech is licensed and regulated by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority, which guarantees the safety and fairness of the games. Playtech’s library of games is available across multiple devices, from desktop computers to smartphones, tablets, and even Apple watches.
Buffalo Blitz takes players on a journey across the North American plains in a 6×4 video slot with 4,096 paylines filled with exciting symbols and win combos. The game features Scatter and Wild symbols that activate a number of bonus rounds, such as the Free Spins bonus round where players can get up to 200 free spins with random multipliers. The maximum payout is worth 10,000x your bet, and thanks to the 95.96% RTP, you can expect the wins to come more often than not.
Epic Ape is a slot game that puts every player in the role of Tarzan and gives a chance to explore the depths of rainforests and jungles in a beautifully crafted design. The game features six reels with four rows of symbols and cool 200 ways to form the winning combinations. With the help of 95.96% RTP and medium variance, those wins might not be so hard to come by.
What’s more, you can count on several bonus features, such as the Free Spins bonus, where you can win up to 100 free games with six scatters. There is even a Random Multiplier feature that multiplies the winnings from the free spins up to 5x times.
Age of the Gods is a household name in the word of online slots, and one of the most famous games by Playtech. This Greek mythology-inspired progressive jackpot slot is played on 5 reels with 3 rows of symbols and 20 paylines. The main bonus round in the game is activated when 3 or more Scatter symbols land on a payline, thus bringing at least 9 free spins and up to 10x multiplier. There are four randomly activated progressive jackpots that can bring prizes worth millions. The RTP is a bit below the industry average and set at 95.02%, but that is due to the progressive jackpots.
The Gladiator Jackpot slot game by Playtech is based on a famous movie of the same name, starring Russel Crowe and Joaqin Phoenix. The story of general Maximus is unveiled on a 5×3 playing grid and 25 paylines that help you form massive wins. In the game, you can trigger a pick-me-up bonus, as well as progressive jackpot bonus round where you can win a massive progressive jackpot, sometimes worth millions. The game’s RTP is set at 91.46%.
A proof that not only Playtech’s slots are among the player favourites is the Premium Blackjack edition of this classic casino table game. It features a low house edge, a great range of side bets such as 21+3 and special payout structure for different pair combinations. The betting limits are considerable as well, which gives it a great potential for attracting different kinds of players.
- 2013 — Best iGaming Software Provider award by the International Gaming Awards;
- 2014 — Bingo Supplier of the Year, Poker Network of the Year, Slot Provider of the Year and Bingo Network of the Year awards by the EGR B2B Awards;
- 2014 — Software Supplier of the Year award by the EGR Italy Awards;
- 2016 — Poker Network of the Year, Mobile Gaming Software of the Year, Multi-Channel Supplier of the Year awards by the EGR B2B Awards;
- 2016 — Best Digital Industry Supplier of the Year award by the Global Gaming Awards;
- 2018 — B2B Gaming Excellence award by Malta iGaming Excellence Awards (MIGEA);
- 2018 — Casino Platform Supplier award by the EGR Italy Awards;
- 2018 — Best Technology and Best Live Studio awards by Casino Life and Business Awards in Romania;
- 2020 — Casino Platform Provider of the Year award by the EGR Nordics Awards;
- 2021 — Playtech received the Safer Gambling Standard with GamCare accreditation.
- Mr. Green
- Party Casino
- William Hill Casino
- United Kingdom
- 71 High Holborn, London, England WC1V 6EA, GB
- Company Overview PlayTech
- History of Playtech - Leading Online Gaming Software Provider
- Management – Playtech
- Microsoft Customer Story-Online gambling company Playtech streamlines security with Microsoft 365 Defender
- Playtech Expands its Romanian Live Casino Operations
- The EGR Nordics Awards 2018 - Winners Announced
- Best Playtech Slots 【2021】 ? Top Playtech Casino Sites
- Playtech Company Profile: Stock Performance & Earnings | PitchBook
- Playtech Technology, Playtech Open Platform, Business Intelligence Technology
- Why Playtech casinos are just as good as the real thing - UKTN (UK Tech News)
- Playtech :: Playtech awarded inaugural B2B safer gambling accreditation
- Playtech :: Playtech launches new Ontario partnerships following regulation
- Playtech :: Playtech Live launches in the U.S. with landmark multi-state roll-out