If you want your online casino to prosper, you need good software, which includes a strong platform and exciting games. Different platforms include different functionalities, while the best games are provided by recognised providers. It is great if you have an impressive budget which lets your wildest casino dreams come true, but what if you have to choose between the cost and the quality? This article will help you understand what is what and how to spend less.
If not doing so, you risk buying not what you need. Possibly, your casino will lack parameters that are important for you. Given this and also safety reasons, it is not recommendable buying a script from unknown individuals on the Internet.
You will also understand whether the company you have turned to is responsible or not. In good companies you will get answers to all your questions, give recommendations which will not only help you in choosing the right software, but also obtaining a licence and a bank account. If you discuss all the details, you may be offered a ready-made solution or a customised individual solution.
- GamesThe number of games and their quality are the same important as the possibility to add new titles. The more games you have, the more diverse they are, the more players can be interested. For instance, there are players who prefer video slots, and there are fans of retro games or specific themes. Quality slots with good graphics are made by famous providers: NetEnt, Microgaming, BetSoft etc. The best Live dealer solution is Evolution Gaming.
- Backoffice settingsThe opportunity to set backoffice to your own convenience is important. Comfortable managing of your casino lets you focus on the promotion of the business.
- Software noveltySoftware should be of the latest or one of the latest versions and be updated regularly. It should not contain bugs.Moreover, it should be in line with the latest industry tendencies. For instance, good software will be adapted to desktop, tablet and smartphone. Researches show that more players prefer playing casino games from their phones. One of the world’s leading slot providers, NetEnt, mentions in its 2016 annual report: 43% of the revenue comes from mobile gaming.
Another tendency is the possibility for a client to authorize through a social network. It is fast, since he or she does not need to register in the casino.
- SafetyA casino should have good security system. You can judge about the reliability of software based on positive reviews on the internet, expert opinions. A casino should not be easy to hack. It should also have an antivirus system.
- Payment systemA complete online casino solution can have a built-in payment system. Support of cryptocurrencies is also an advantage, since it is a popular and promising payment method.
- Affiliate programOne of the main tasks of a casino operator is the promotion of the business. If software includes the affiliate program it is a plus. You will have an opportunity to use affiliates to promote your casino.
- Bonus and loyalty systemIt is also an important tool for player attraction and retention. Not to reinvent the wheel, you can use a ready-made bonus and loyalty system. You will get many promotions and bonuses and the system of accruing points for loyal clients.
- Game statsIt will be available for you to follow player activity. You will be able to see the history of bets, time and dates of games, bets, wins, losses etc.
- Financial statsYou will be able to control payments, payouts, know time and methods of payments.
- Mailing systemIf a casino has a thought-over mailing system, you can inform your players about new games and promos easily.
- Opportunity to add new functionsAlong with the growth of your business, you may need new functions, so it is convenient if there is a possibility to add them.
This is not a complete list of what an online casino software may include. Each software may be different from the rest.
Our licence expert will help you pick a licence that suits best your needs and budget (Malta, Curacao, etc.). Get ready to spend around $20,000 to $30,000 on licence-related services and note that you will have to pay some $20,000 annually for sub-licencing and banking services.
Online casino development is one of the most money consuming steps and it requires intensive cooperation between you and the developer. You will be asked to choose among gambling software providers and payment methods to be available for your visitors. Live dealer solutions normally come in a dedicated package, and so do slots equipped with progressive jackpots – all of these add to your costs. This development stage is worth around $20,000 (and greater) and it strongly depends on which options you want your casino to be fitted with. Note that a mobile version, visual design and some other important elements come as integral parts of larger budget items and are thus not itemised specifically.
When the online casino is filled up with content and is ready for use, you expenditures will not stop here because every business, whether land-based or online, requires ongoing expenses that are necessary to maintain and increase the flow of income, so do not overlook them when creating your casino budget. The key articles of expenditure are salaries to personnel (IT experts, bookkeepers, social media promoters), annual licence fees, auditing expenses, online security experts, etc. Operational costs can run into dozens of thousands of dollars per year.
In summary, we can pinpoint the major articles of expenditure:
- Casino backend software
- Game software and payment systems
- Salaries, remunerations
- Taxes (if any)
- Promotion efforts.
At the same time, you will be able to choose between 80 different software providers and 3000 games to integrate into your casino, all of which will be available to you through our unified API after a single integration process.
For more details, feel free to get in touch with our team of experts and learn about the specifics of each offer and we will help you make the right decision for your online casino.