Types of slots
Slots can be classified according to different criteria, for example:
- Denominations. A player can play using one or another denomination.
- Number of reels and paylines. A slot usually has 3 or 5 reels, sometimes the number is different; the higher number of reels is in a slot, the harder it is to win and the higher the jackpot is. As to paylines (lucky combinations of symbols that win a player money), their number can exceed a hundred, which makes it easier to win.
- Game type. There are many of them. When it comes to interactive video slots, it is worth mentioning classic and 3D slots.
- Classic slots have 3 reels, 1 payline and remind the slots that appeared at the dawn of the slot industry. Fruit symbols are also often characteristic of this type.
- 3D slots can have more reels and paylines and feature excellent graphics, music and sound effects which lets player gain a near-live experience. Modern slots often are designed using famous’ characters’ images, attracting their fans. The first online video slots appeared in 1994 – it was the invention by the famous Microgaming – and have nearly conquered the market by now.
А provider should also pay attention to the choice of casino software providers. Choosing gaming providers that offer qualitative products attracts more players to one’s interactive casino and boost its reputation. Software is of high importance for players because this impacts quality of graphics, speed and other characteristics.
This is why we have compiled a selection of TOP slot providers in terms of the financial benefit they can bring to an operator and trust players and operators place on them.
SoftGamings’ TOP 7 slot-game producers
NetEnt is considered a number one online slot provider in the world. It licenses such famous slots as Scarface, Aliens, Wild Wild West, and South Park. Its focus on quality resulted in numerous awards (eg. EGR awards in 2016) and world recognition.
The company was founded back in 1996 and reached profitability in 2003. As their 2016 annual report goes, NetEnt processes 68,000 gaming transaction per minute, which has resulted in a 28% revenue growth, precisely to EUR 149,1 mln.
NetEnt is a very prominent figure on the igaming market. It is an advantage for an operator to offer the company’s games to players.
Micrograming was the first company to produce online slots. It started in 1994 as an online casino and is considered to be one of the most creative and successful companies in the industry. Based in Isle of Man, Microgaming has produced over 850 products – which is the biggest number of games produced by one provider – and this number is constantly growing.
The company is also a multiple award winner. For instance, Microgaming gained EGR awards in the mobile gaming software category in 2017, in the poker software category from 2013 to 2016, in the Innovation in slot provision in 2011.
Yet another famous feature is Microgramings’ progressive jackpots. Several world records were set, the latest of which was in October 2015, when a player from UK won EUR 17, 879, 645.
BetSoft is the innovator in cinematic 3D gaming, providing intuitive gameplay and captivating atmosphere. The company was established in 1999. Based in Cyprus and having started to develop sweepingly in 2008 and producing high-end 3D-slots for the igaming industry. Among the most famous ones there are ‘Good Girl Bad Girl’, ‘True Sheriff’ and ‘Slotfather’.
Amatic is a reputable Australian provider, founded in 1993. As stated by the company, it aims to combine high-end manufacturing, technology and adherence to the international standards. Amatic offers a large selection of qualitative slots, innovative features and 10% cashback.
World Match is an experienced company that keeps up with the times, improving its game development technologies and striving to release up to 4 games per month. It has been providing its services since 2000, and in 2012 it was the first to offer HD games to the market and to integrate them via social networks.
Games to boom your business… this is how the company claims their products are top-rank. Developers at Booming Games create both traditional and innovative games, focusing on special features and customisation. For instance, the company offers various promotional options, which can be customised fully to the clients’ needs.
PariPlay is another young yet promising company that offers products worth your attention. Based in 2010, now its team includes 40 gaming experts who develop gaming content and provide responsible gaming services. The company provides high-quality real money games for lottery and casino operators.
If you look forward to opening your own casino or improving the performance of the existing one, it is worth paying attention to the products from the reliable producers. Contact us and get acquainted with the games by trying out our demos.