Visa was founded by Bank of America (BofA) in 1958 when it launched the first credit card program in the U.S. The company expanded to the international markets in 1974 and released its debit card in 1975. Visa Inc., a global financial powerhouse, was formed in 2008 when several regional businesses merged. It went public in one of the largest IPOs in history.
Over the years, the company has implemented various innovations through its Innovation Program, from cashless payment processing to mobile payments. Moreover, Visa hasn’t stayed immune to the rise of cryptocurrencies. In 2020, the company became the first major payment network to settle payments in USD Coin, a stablecoin backed by the U.S. dollar.
How to Use Visa in Online Casinos
- Go to the Cashier section of your casino account.
- Click on the deposit options and select Visa.
- Input the amount you wish to deposit.
- Insert your card number alongside the 3-digit CVV code at the back of your card to initiate the transaction.
- You’ll be redirected to your bank’s page, where you’ll be prompted to insert an OTP (one-time password) number sent to you via SMS using the phone number you provided during bank registration.
- Insert the OTP code to confirm the payment.
- The funds should reach your casino account momentarily.